Ready to submit? Fill out the form at the bottom of the page!
Do you know a local Food Bank, a local emergency hunger relief organization or a local non-profit that would like to participate in the Give Back Bag or Giving Tag Program? Please review the guidelines and instructions below to submit the organization for approval. If approved, your organization will be placed on a list for local store leadership to consider in future months.
Only local Food Banks or local emergency hunger relief organizations can benefit from the Give Back Bag Program. If you submit a local emergency hunger relief organization or a local Food Bank, and it is accepted, it will be added to the list to be selected to benefit in the program. Approved organizations focused on education, civic, health & wellness, hunger relief or military/veterans can benefit from the Giving Tag Program.
Please note: Approval does not guarantee selection at the store level. If chosen, your organization will be notified directly 30 days in advance. Once approved, however, your organization can raise funds at any time throughout the year through the Giving Tag Program - click here to learn more.
To qualify for consideration, benefiting organizations must have:
- 501(c)(3) status
- A direct local connection to a Lucky, Lucky California, FoodMaxx or Save Mart store
- The commitment to put funds to use within the local Lucky, Lucky California, FoodMaxx or Save Mart community
- Non-profits that are clearly focused in their stated mission to impact hunger relief, education (all aspects), health & wellness, civic or military/veterans organizations
- Without exception, checks will be made out to the benefiting non-profit
Non-Profits that will not qualify:
- Events/Fundraisers/Services that benefit a for-profit business
- Events/Fundraisers limited to specific individuals or families
- Political organizations or lobbying groups
- Requests to support expenses related to fundraisers/events
- Private clubs
- Any organization that discriminates on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion and/or sexual orientation
- Any organization that does not put 100% of the donations to supporting the local community